Monday, May 30, 2011

Quack Quack

Memorial Day started out with:

"AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! WWWWAAAAAHHH!" as tot2 fell out of bed and scared the living daylights out of me at 5 am. Into bed with us he went (which is a rare occurance but seeing as we have no furniture in the livingroom to cuddle with him on) and no more sleep for me. Between the head in between my shoulder blades, the flailing hands in the eyes and cold toes I think I got 30 minutes of sleep until he fully woke up at 8.

Memorial Day parade was viewed from our front lawn. We didn't stay for the ceremony in the graveyard. The guns going off drive the dog and kids nuts. Plans for the lagoon turned out awesome. The ducklings were so adorable that I didn't mind the flooding.

I'm trying to remember the ducks because the rest of the day was hot, humid and sticky which made me irritable, unmovitated and grouchy. Two bonuses, though. We got the pool up and I have one piece of furniture to sit on in the livingroom now. Netflix and icecream tonight. :)

No comments: