Friday, May 27, 2011

Summer Motivation

Trying to get child8 outside makes me think about a website I had seen awhile back.

GeoPalz
"Walk to Win! GeoPalz is the first fitness tracker that lets you “Walk to Win.” The more steps you take, the more pedpoints you get. Trade’em in for all types of prizes, from Frisbees and jump ropes to baseball bats and footballs, you can also save your points to win a Bike or skateboard."

It looks interesting but I haven't bought a pedometer yet. Like most kids, child8 really enjoys getting stuff in his name and prizes. If this will motivate him, I'm definately thinking about it. It looks legit but I wish they gave more information before I buy one. Has anyone done this yet? I could definately do this myself. Buy a $5 pedometer from Wal-Mart and graph his steps. Then give him certificates and "prizes" based off of the number of steps he took. If he loses it I'm out $20. If he loses the cheap pedometer from Wal-Mart I'm out $5. It would definately motivate me for awhile, too.

No comments: