Sunday, May 22, 2011

Walgreen's Deals 5/22-5/28

Whenever I'm making the next week's shopping list all I see is "FREE after Register Reward" or "Pay $2, get $2. Like Getting Purchase FREE". They are saying that since you get $2 back from your purchase in the form of a Register Reward (or some other kind of Catalina out of the magic coupon machines) that you are really not paying anything. In the end you are still paying $2 out of pocket and the $2 Register Reward can get you another item for free if it costs $2. But you are still PAYING $2. I do not budget using net cost because money comes out of my pocket to pay for that item. It doesn't make sense to me to say that my net cost is $0 because of the $2 Register Reward and then when you make another purchase with that Register Reward take the $2 out of that purchases net cost. Its being taken out twice.

If you're looking for a site that lists all the deals with coupons from SmartSource and more attached, this isn't that kind of site. That is way too much typing for me and all you have to do is look at the Walgreens Weekly Ad. Or I use Mashup Mom or Lorraine's Coupon Experience. There are many blogs and sources out there. Use the one you like best.

My Grocery List for Walgreens:
Ajax Dish Liquid-$.89 with in store coupon (maybe. $3.00 for a 64 oz bottle at Deals)
PureSilk Shave Cream-$1.99
$1.50 Register Reward
Scunci 18 pack elastics-$2.00
$2.00 Register Reward
Axe bodyspray, showergel, deodorant, shampoo, 3/$12.00
BOGO body spray from the 5/22 Red Plum.
=$8.00 Out of Pocket
$3.00 Register Reward
Walgreen Premium Value Pack Diaper, $15.00
2 1 gallon Whole Milk, $1.99
2/$3 Puffs

It'll probably be cut down a little to be based off what I actually NEED than what I want to buy. The Register Rewards are nice but if I don't HAVE to spend out the money, I shouldn't. Unfortunately I had to use all my Register Rewards last week because they expired. However I did get a lot last week.

Walgreens trip last week:
2 Oscar Myer Sub Packs 2/$3 get $1 Register Reward
3 3M Scotch Clasp Envelopes Buy 1 for $1.99 get 2 FREE
Aquafresh Kids Toothpaste $1.99
2/$2.29 Kleenex

I had a coupon for $1.00 off the toothpaste, 2 $1.00 off coupons for the Oscar Myer Subs, and used 2 Register Rewards worth $5. It come to a total of $1.72 I think and I received $1 Register Reward. Misplaced the receipt.

How'd your shopping go?

No comments: