Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coupons are Irritating

This will be the 3rd week in a row that I am missing good coupons out of my Sunday paper. Its not the whole insert but like 2 pages. Maybe regional? I don't know but it gets irriating when I can't take part of a deal.  Or I misread a deal. If you printed the FREE McCafe B1G1 from the FREEbies page, read it. It says for San Diego only. Oops.

Did my Walgreens shop today and got everything on my previous list except the shaving cream because they were all out. Substituted that for 2 Schick Hydro Razor systems because I found my coupons last night before bed. Impulse bought some nail polish for $.69 because I realized last night when I wanted to paint my toes that I was all out. And that is the cheapest I've ever seen polish. Also received a free 5-count coupon on the Zyrtec in the mail which I finally got to this morning. I am horrible at organization and keeping track of where I put all these coupons. For example I will be making another trip to Walgreens Friday probably because after I put tot2 down for naptime, I went through my BOX of coupons and cleaned it out.  I'm making an envelope to mail off Monday to the military.
So today:

for a whopping $42.69 after tax. Receipt says I saved a total of $35.51 so I guess I should be glad I didn't pay $78.20? Still hurts. :) Received a $3 and $2 in Register Rewards, though. So my final transaction for the week at Walgreens will be:

Schick Hydro Razor refills B1G1 $8.99
use 2 $2.00 coupons (found more Schick coupons)
Orville Redenbacher's Gourmet Pop Up Bowl (no idea of the price, regular is $1.99 but I remember passing a sale shelf earlier)
use .$55 coupon
3 Reach Crystal Clean Toothbrushes, $2.98
use $2.50 off 2
use $1.00 off 1
Receive $3 Register Reward
KRAFT Natural Shredded Cheese with a Touch of Philly (if Walgreens carries it. Wal-Mart or Jewel?)
use FREE coupon
PHILADELPHIA Cooking Creme (if Walgreens carries it. Wal-Mart of Jewel?)
use FREE coupon
Pure Silk Shave Cream $1.99 (if in stock)
Receive $1.50 Register Reward

So with my $5 in Register Rewards it should come to $2.00 plus the popcorn cost plus tax. Less some tax if the 2 FREE items aren't available at Walgreens. Neither are available online. If they're still out of shaving cream it will only be popcorn overage, plus tax but I'll have to toss in two more items to attach the Register Rewards to. Maybe more nail polish. And I'll still have $4.50 in Register Rewards for next week when Aquafresh toothpaste is on sale for $.99

No comments: