Thursday, June 9, 2011

2 Walgreens Transactions week of 6/5-6/12


transaction 1:
Father's Day card $5.99
Salt x2 2/$1.00
Taster's Choice box of single packets x2 $.77 each
Coppertone Sunscreen spray $9.99
Pampers Pull-ups $8.99
Walgreen Comfort Wipes $6.49

I had a BOGO FREE on the Taster's Choice, $1.00 off the Coppertone and $1.50 off the Pull-ups and *$2.50 off 2 Reach (see below)
Total: $30.46
I received $9 in Register Rewards plus $1 off Glade Carpet Spray
Receipt Total Savings: $9.21

*Now I have a funny (to me) story. Originally I had bought the Total Care 2 Pack Advanced Reach Toothbrushes because 1. They were in the flyer for the Register Rewards 2. There was a yellow Register Reward sticker beneath them in the store 3. I had a coupon for $2.50 off of 2. I purchased them and they rang up for $5.99 each. So I went to customer service and asked why they didn't ring up for 2/$5. I forgot to grab the ad and show him because the kids were going at each other. He said that they weren't part of the sale so I asked to return them. He put the $12.82 back on my card. However, when I got home I checked my Register Rewards and the "magic machine" had printed out the $3 Register Reward for Reach AND the $1 Register Reward for the unpublished deal Buy 2 get $1 going on with Reach! Plus I had used the $2.50 off of 2 coupon which the assistant manager didn't deduct from my receipt. So a bonus for me.

(I know the picture is really blurry but everyone had already opened their items by the time I realized it was. The Butterfinger's are missing because hubby ate them in the car :))

Transaction 2:

Butterfinger Candy Bar x2 $1.49 total
Coppertone Sunscreen Spray $9.99
Sobe Water $.99
Nivea Bodywash for Men x2 2/$7
Pampers Pull-ups $8.99
Junior Swimmask w/Snorkel $5.99
Adult Swim Goggles $5.99

I had $9 in Register Rewards, $1.50 off Pampers, $1.00 off Coppertone and $2.00 off the Nivea x2

Total: $27.77 
I received $8 in Register Rewards and $2.00 off Always tampons
Reciept total savings: $23.58

So for all of the above I spent $58.23, saved $32.79 and received $8 in Register Rewards. Still over my budget but I am saving money compared to 3 months ago. I did buy 2 papers this week in order to have double of the Nivea, diapers and more. Good news is that they decreased the paper price from $3 to $2.

No comments: