Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Stuck a Fork in It

Crock pot dinner #2 turned out better than last night's porkchops (which were good but I think I'm going to try that ranch/cream sauce on chicken next time). I have only found one recipe (so far) that I like for chicken breasts and that includes mayo (fatty). I think its a texture thing. The chicken can not seem to get moist enough for me, even in the crock pot. Tot3 seems to agree with me. He is my semi-vegatarian. He will only eat steak or hot dogs. My wallet does not like the steak.

I did barbeque chicken in the crock pot with a new recipe for the sauce which was really good. And it was easy. Husband put the thawed chicken in the pot and then poured the sauce I mixed up last night before bed.


The hard part was I found a delicious looking recipe for chedder and herb biscuits that I wanted to do because my family would eat biscuits every night if I bought them. I am all for convenience but waiting for dough to rise or using 6 bowls for separate incorporation instantly shuts me down. We usually do the cresent rolls from Pillsbury but I only buy two rolls a week in order to incorporate variety. These were pretty good, even if they weren't as pretty as the picture. Next time I think I will add the suggested two cups of cheese and double the garlic. We are not a huge fan of garlic but I could barely taste it.

 
I would like to thank Stick a Fork in It for dinner tonight. I'm on my third biscuit!

No comments: