Monday, September 24, 2012

Resurrection

How does a person begin to start their blog/writing platform again after a year of no activity? There is such a big void from that year that is not online and not filled in. It may be part of my memory but to reference it could be a problem or give me more material to write about. Hmmm.....

Why does a person blog? A few reason could be the endless sighs of boredom, a need to talk to someone besides myself (and have someone besides myself answer back!) or possibly the idea that I could MAYBE make some money. I think the blank stares at the computer screen for hours on end is the winner. :) I previously made $2.50 a week writing this blog and I'm NOT going to make a great income from that.

Now how could I be ansty? I have two kids that are under 9 years old (one potty-training), a husband who works nights 48+ hours a week and I work. I should be chaotic-busy wiping butts, cleaning floors, doing laundry, coupon clipping and helping with homework. However, my 9 year old is in school all day, my 3 year old is in pre-school for 2 1/2 hours every day throughout the week and I only work part-time because we do not have a full time babysitter. We only have one after-school activity because child9 has not adjusted to the homework load yet. I'm not a socialite and my part-time work pays for all the "extras" so when I do not work, there are no "extras". My problem is finding something to do in all the downtime.

I recently read about women who have 3 or more children, are going to school for their Masters and working full time. I cannot even imagine that kind of life. I'm nervous, excited, and dreading when I get called into work. Sometimes I do not work for 3 weeks and sometimes I work a week straight. My stomach flip flops and I have the first day of school jitters when I work after 3 weeks and I just want it to be done when I work the week straight . I like my free time and the time I get to spend with my kids and husband, but right now there is no way to make either more even.

The blog will be "literally vague". It will be about the random acts of my weird children, odd questions that pop into my head and the "stuff" that occupies my short attention span.

No comments: